We've all had awkward team meetings where no one knows how to kick things off. I've been guilty of starting too many meetings with "how was your weekend?" or "how are you?!" Boring.
Here's a few ice breakers to get your team to open up in a more fun and creative way.
Breaking the ice 🧊
- What's something most people don't know about you?
- What's your happy place?
- Favorite movie ever?! Why?
- How do you like to spend your weekends / free time?
- Do you consider yourself lucky?
Finding your peace ✌️
- How do you like to relax? What do you do, where do you go, etc?
- Give your teammates a quick tour around your workspace on Zoom. Feel free to share anything that makes this space feel productive for you.
About your work styles 🧩
- What's the best way to for someone else to give you feedback? Why do you think that works well for you?
- Are you into personality tests? Which one and why does it resonate?
- How can a teammate make your day?
What's top of mind lately? 😇
- What are you looking to learn or get better at? Or, what's something you recently learned that you think was interesting?
- Are you reading any good books or listening to any good podcasts?
Going deep 🌊
- Deep down, what do you think motivates you?
- Who are people that you are inspired by? Why?
- What teammates do you really admire? What about them do you admire and why?
- What's the most fulfilling project you've ever worked on? Why?
- When were you last outside your comfort zone?
Hope these prompts help break the ice with your teammates on the next awkward zoom call :) All of these prompts are part of the Candor profile, so if you like them, consider filling out a profile and sharing it with your teammates.